Two weeks ago I blogged about Women’s Top 5 Needs in a Relationship according to Willard Harley’s book, His Needs Her Needs. This week it’s the men’s turn. We all know marriage is a two-way street. It’s not take, take, take. There is a ton of giving involved too. But giving in vain is fruitless. You have to know what your spouse needs.
While reading through the book, I was surprised that need #2 and #4 were listed in the top five. But, Dr. B wholeheartedly agrees, what would your husband say? How does Harley’s top 5 compare to your husband’s? Have you talked about his needs? Here is Harley’s list:
1. Sexual Fulfillment: It goes without saying, men need a frequent sex life.
2. His wife to be a recreational playmate: Husband’s would rather have their wives along doing recreational things that they enjoy, just like in the beginning of the relationship. (Remember those relationship building dates you would go on such as hiking, biking, or watching a baseball game?)
3. Have an attractive wife: Men are visually oriented (nuff said) Keep it tight ladies 🙂
4. Domestic Support: A man desires order in his home, it helps simplify their lives so that they can focus on working to support their families.
5. Admiration: Men long to be admired my the opposite sex, it inspires them.
How Marriage Works.com does a great job explaining each of the needs for both men and women.
- Women’s Top 5 Needs in a Relationship (natashawilliams.wordpress.com)
- Top Five Reasons Why Wives Suspect Husbands (socyberty.com)
- Canadian bishops tell married couples to keep it ‘chaste’ (life.nationalpost.com)