I love my iPhone! I was in love with it way before I met Dr. B. When we met, lo and behold he had an iPhone too! *yeah* So our love for the iPhone has grown two-fold in the past year. Ok, that’s #AppleGirl crazy talk…but, I do love my iPhone. I seriously cannot began to imagine my life without it, especially now that I’m a newlywed there a several essential applications that are a must:
1. Allrecipes.com: I’ve been a member of the website since 2006, and I love the “recipebox” feature. Now, they have the Dinner Spinner Pro application that syncs with your online recipe box. From my research I’ve found that Allrecipes.com has one of the most comprehensive recipe databases on the Internet, which makes it easy to fins a quick recipe your new husband will love.
2. Zillow: Zillow is a website where homeowners, buyers, sellers, real estate agents, and mortgage professionals can find and share vital information about homes, real estate, and mortgages. It’s especially useful for newlyweds who are looking to buy a new house. Given the state of the real estate market, there are so many properties available, that it can become an overwhelming process. Zillow now has an iPhone application that is awesome! Since Dr. B and I are selling our house, I’m always on the lookout for any potential competition. With the Zillow app, I can literally ride down the street and the selling prices and comps for the surrounding houses appear on a map. When you click on a particular house, if it’s for sale Zillow will give you details such as sq. footage, year built, listing price, etc.
3. Hilton: If you and your new hubby travel, I highly recommend becoming a member of Hilton Honors. For each stay at a Hilton family property you can earn points towards free stays, upgrades, etc. Dr. B and I are on the brink of becoming Gold VIP members, which will entitle us to free breakfast, free room upgrades, and free WiFi just to name a few of the benefits. The Hilton iPhone application allows you to make reservations under you Hilton Honors profile, view you account, and make reservation changes. It’s fast, convenient and best of all, it’s free!
4. Yelp: Yes, I had to include Yelp on my list. I love Yelp, as I attribute it to the success of my first date with Dr. B. We used Yelp to find one of the best restaurants in St. Augustine…and the rest is history. WIth Yelp you can discover restaurants that you and your spouse can enjoy together for the first time. Yelp’s iPhone application integrates with Google Maps to give you turn-by-turn directions. The user reviews are candid enough for you to make a good informed decision about which restaurant you and your loved one will eat at.
5. iMovie: Typical of most newlyweds, Dr. B and I like to capture those special occasions either with a picture or video. iMovie allows you to make HD movies right on your phone using your pictures or videos you’ve captures on your iPhone. You can then post your movie to the web to share with your friends and family. Another great feature of iMovie is the ability to add music from your iPod collection to a movie (how cool is that?).
6. iPeriod: I’ve used iPeriod for about a year now, and it is by far my favorite application. iPeriod keeps track of your period dates, lengths, symptoms, and anything else that’s noteworthy. It will predict your future periods, alert you when your period is coming within the week, and alert you when it’s past due. How handy is that? I love knowing when my next 12 periods will occur, it helps when planning trips or special occasions. I can also send Dr. B a list of my next 12 periods right from the application, so he can update his personal calendar, and know ahead of time when my “crazy time” of the month is. 🙂
There it is, my “short” list of iPhone apps for newlyweds. Do you have any smartphone apps that have helped you organize your newlywed life? What apps can you Not live without?
Related articles by Zemanta
- 5 iPhone Apps for Setting Up Home (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Barnes & Noble releases Nook for iPhone (news.cnet.com)
- Apps vs. the Web (alistapart.com)