I’ve mentioned before how Dr. B and I are taking the Marriage Mojo course offered by Simple Marriage. The last lesson I blogged about, we each wrote down what our dream marriage looked like, and shared our vision with each other. It was a good eye-opening, bond-building experience, especially for me. My husband really, really, really loves the heck out of me:-) I highly recommend that you try this exercise, it will be a great experience for you and your husband or fiance.
So, Tuesday we were especially excited for lesson #5 titled Simple Romance. This lesson focused on bringing the romance back using a novel approach: Simplicity. We had to pick a romantic activity from the list below, and do it tonight during our 15 minute session.
- Look through photo albums together
- Do what she likes for the night
- Do what he likes for the night
- Make out!
- Go to the park and push each other on the swings
- Go for a walk and hold hands
- Give each other a quick massage
- Have a glass of wine on the back deck
- Listen to music you enjoyed while you were dating
- Enjoy a bath…together
Dr. B and I decided that we would take turns. He would choose an activity one night and I would choose one for the next night. I thought “cool” I figured he would probably choose either the massage or the bubble bath. To my surprise, when he came home from work he had a bouquet of flowers, two bottles of wine, and a card! (Gotta love this man)! He explained that he wanted us to go through all of our pictures, then pick 5 of each other, and write a caption about why we chose that picture. We decided we would make a gallery and upload the pictures and captions. Oh, and we would do this while sitting out back, and drinking a few glasses of wine. I loved the idea of being creative and romantic at the same time. Of course Dr. B. went above and beyond with his video, but I was his muse so I’m not complaining 🙂 Tell me what do you think….
Related articles by Zemanta
- 5 Romantic Lessons From Hollywood Couples (lifescript.com)
- Love and Marriage Proposal (socyberty.com)
- How to pick your perfect honeymoon (bridalwave.tv)